Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Maintenance Trades Helper in Grand Forks, North Dakota
Maintenance Trades Helper
Full Time / Part-Time
MAINTENANCE TRADES HELPER (GRFAFB-18-0674-F):
Bowhead seeks a Maintenance Trades Helper to assists one or more technicians with Base Telephone Services (BTS) at Grand Forks AFB, in North Dakota.
Essential functions will include:
• Keeping the technician supplied with materials and tools
• Cleaning working area, machine(s) and equipment
• Assisting technicians by holding materials or tools and performing other entry level tasks as directed by technician. May perform specialized machine duties, or test telephone switch parts as assigned. Successful candidate will be responsive and reliable,
detail-oriented, have good judgment and excellent problem solving skills and be punctual
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in the telephone operation trade, preferred.
• Skilled in maintenance trades, preferably in telephone system operations
• Knowledge/awareness of safety issues and ability to perform duties in strict compliance with OSHA rules
• Ability to work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a team player
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in English (written, oral and/or diagram form)
• Good judgment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work productively with other staff in the workplace
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are an Alaska Native Corporation owned by Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) of Barrow, Alaska. UICGS/Bowhead provides innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance
services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria,
VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*88F47D2355269E6B
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41